More mothers join sit-in seeking release of children abducted by PKK
The number of mothers staging a protest in front of the main Diyarbakır Metropolitan Municipality building to demand that the terrorist Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) organization bring back their kidnapped children has increased to 45, in the light of the terrorist organization continuing its kidnapping activities unabated in southeast Turkey.

When the protest started on May 19, it included only three mothers, whose children, aged between 12-21, had been abducted by the terrorist PKK. Two of the kidnapped children are 16-year-old Halime Gündüz and 15-year-old Fırat Aydın Eren, both of whom attended Diyarbakır Selahaddin Eyyübi Anatolian High School. By Wednesday morning, 21 mothers were involved in the protest, a figure which had increased to 33 in the evening of the same day. As of Thursday, this number has increased to 45, with the participation of mothers from provinces such as Erzurum, Kars, Mardin and İzmir. Holding pictures of their abducted children, the mothers cry and beg for their children to be returned to their homes.

İffet Güneş, who came from Mardin to Diyarbakır on Thursday to participate in the protest, told Today's Zaman that her daughter was a high school student before she was abducted by the organization. "She is my only child. Please send her back to me. I want to be together with her again. I miss her very much," Güneş said and burst into tears. She called on the government to save her daughter from the PKK.

Another mother, Bediye Eşiyok, told Today's Zaman that her son was only 12 years old, adding: "A child at this age still cries for bread or water. What can he do in the mountains among rocks? He is still a baby for me. Please send my son back. Send him to his mother. I am making a call to [the PKK's imprisoned leader Abdullah] Öcalan. Please make the release of my son possible."

Speaking to reporters following a workshop in Ankara on Thursday, Deputy Prime Minister Bülent Arınç said the responsibility to prevent the PKK from abducting children and to return abducted children belongs to the Kurdish politicians representing the Kurdish population in Parliament.

Discussing the ongoing protest in Diyarbakır, Arınç said that this protest is completely legitimate, adding that not only locals in Diyarbakır but also the whole of Turkey should express their support to these crying mothers. "[Kurdish] deputies should support those mothers. If they really believe in the settlement process, it cannot be achieved by deceiving children and taking them to the mountains, but it can be achieved by bringing these children back and taking part in politics. There are some people who ignore the cries of those mothers [in Diyarbakır]," Arınç stated.

The list of children who have been abducted by the PKK recently is as follows: 18-year-old Remiz Altan, who was abducted over 36 days ago; 17-year-old Leyla Güneş who was kidnapped 18 months ago; 21-year-old Sedat Bozoğlu, who was abducted 41 days ago; 12-year-old Mazlum Eşiyok, kidnapped three months ago; 18-year-old Mehmet Yılmaz, who has been with the PKK for 18 months; 18-year-old Remzi Altan, who was abducted four months ago; 14-year-old Özcan Günay, who was kidnapped two months ago; 20-year-old Sedat Bozoğlu, who was abducted a month ago; 17-year-old Ahmet Akbaş, who was kidnapped three months ago; 13-year-old Yunus Dalgın, who has been with the PKK for 55 months; 18-year-old Berat Güler, who has been with the PKK for seven months; 21-year-old Kasım Vedat Gün, who was abducted three months ago; 14-year-old Efecan Toktan, who was kidnapped two months ago; 14-year-old Yusuf Aker, who was kidnapped three months ago and 20-year-old, Büşra Esendur, who was kidnapped 11 days ago.
PKK abducts Hüda Par district chairman in Diyarbakır
Ercan Alparslan, the Dicle district branch chairman of the Free Cause Party (Hüda-Par), was abducted by a group of PKK members while driving in his car in Dicle on Wednesday evening. Speaking to reporters about the abduction, Hüda Par General Chairman Zekeriya Yapıcıoğlu protested strongly, stating that the PKK will have answer for the consequences of their deeds if they don't release their party member as soon as possible.

The General Staff of the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) released a written statement on Thursday in which it listed recent PKK activities in the region. According to the statement, two PKK terrorists killed a village guard identified as Mehmet Uğurtay in the village of Altınoluk in Mardin's Dargeçit district early on Thursday. The terrorists killed Uğurtay in front of his children while he was bringing them to school in the morning. The terrorists fled the scene following the incident.

On May 26, two people were abducted by a group of PKK terrorists and released shortly after in Küsne village in Osmaniye province. The terrorists released the villagers after taking the storage battery of their motorbike.

The government has been in talks with Öcalan since the end of 2012 in order to resolve the country's decades-old Kurdish issue and terrorism problem, and there have been no clashes between Turkish security forces and the PKK since then. The PKK declared a cease-fire last year after a call from Öcalan, but the settlement process was brought to the brink of deadlock when the PKK halted the withdrawal of its forces from Turkey on the grounds that government had failed to take promised steps in the settlement. (Cihan/Today's Zaman)

SHOT LIST

Thursday, May 29, 2014 SOURCE CIHAN

-Fainted mothers
-More of mother
-Crying mothers
-Var of crying mothers
-More of crying mother
-More of crying mothers
-A placard which is hanged to tent
-A mother shows his child's book and pen

DURATION: 03:33
CİHAN
Last Modified: 2014-05-30 07:00:02
  • Visitors: 8291
  • (Suanki Oy 0.0/5 Yildiz) Toplam Oy: 0
  • 0 0